ProvenanceMariano Coppede was born under the rule of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany , from Assumption Masini and a tailor, Luigi Coppedè. Five years after he was orphaned. Was thus entrusted first Orphanage of the Bigallo, he was later transferred to the Pious House of Labor. He was taken to craft activities at various shops and performing various tasks, then he settled at a carver. Then he passed under many masters who formed. He joined the uprisings in 1859 and 1860, winning awards for bravery. Returning to his hometown, he married Antoinette Gonzo in 1865. With her he had three sons: Gino, Carlo and Adolfo . In 1875 he began his own laboratory of furniture , furnishings and decorations , located to the loggia of the Servants of Mary . An economic crisis and the death of his wife, was able to establish itself professionally. In 1885 he changed his position occupying a larger space on the Lungarno Guicciardini , officially becoming known here as Casa Artistica "Coppedè", frequented by wealthy and prominent. His poignant artistic style, markedly eclectic , affect children architects, and it will be thanks to their recognized as "Coppedè Style".